Getting Your One Card

At this time, although every UConn campus has an office that distributes Husky One Cards, we are mailing patrons their One Cards until further notice. There is no charge for your first ID card. To obtain your Husky One Card, you’ll need to present one of the following forms of ID or combinations of ID at the time you upload your photo documentation:

  • Valid driver’s license
  • Passport
  • State-issued photo ID
  • Military ID
  • Government-issued photo ID
  • High school photo ID with a Social Security Card
  • College photo ID with a Social Security Card

Without one of these valid forms of ID, we cannot issue you a Husky One Card.

All first-year students will receive their Husky One Cards via U.S. Postal mail to the mailing address listed in the Student Administration System. If you are a regional student residing on campus, and did not upload your photo documentation two weeks prior to the start of the semester, your One Card will be mailed to your University mailbox not your home mailing address. If you are a transfer student, graduate student, or first-year student and did not participate in New Student Orientation, you can still obtain your card via mail. If you are near the Storrs Campus, you may schedule an appointment with the One Card Office at to pick up your One Card in-person. The One Card Office is currently only assisting patrons by appointment only. If you are a student transferring to the Storrs Campus from a UConn regional campus you do not need a new Husky One Card.

All incoming students are encouraged to take advantage of the online photo submission option.  This unique option is currently only offered to incoming freshman, transfer and graduate students. Your photo must be submitted and accepted based on the Online Submission Instructions and deadline provided to you by Orientation. Login to your Husky One Card account to submit your photo online.

** Note: Faculty and staff should email the One Card Office via with the appropriate mailing address, so their One Card may be printed and mailed accordingly.