Card Care/Policies

All Husky One Cards are University property and are subject to card terms and conditions. To protect your card, treat it with the care as you would a driver’s license or credit card. Cards that are cared for properly, should last for several years. Cardholders, lanyards and smart wallets are available in the One Card Office.

Damaged One Card:

Cards that have been damaged through “normal wear and tear” will be replaced at no charge. Damage from “normal wear and tear” includes damage caused by swiping the card through card reader devises. Examples of this type of damage include, but are not limited to:

  • Horizontal wear on the magnetic stripe
  • Horizontal breakage of the card along the magnetic stripe caused from the card reader devices

    Do Not:

    • Use a wireless charger while your card is attached to your phone
    • Mark or bend your card
    • Punch holes in your card
    • Scratch the magnetic strip on your card
    • Use your card as an ice scraper
    • Put a magnet next to your card
    • Add stickers to your card

    Improper Use/Care of the One Card:

    Effective July 1, 2019, a $30 replacement fee will be charged for One Cards that have become damaged due to misuse or improper care. Examples include, but are not limited to:

    • Burning or bubbling on card
    • Vertical/horizontal gouges or scratches on magnetic stripe
    • Vertical wear on the magnetic stripe
    • Bent or curling cards
    • Vertical break of card or ragged vertical/horizontal break
    • Abnormal marks including teeth marks
    • Equipment damage (such as from a washer or dryer)

    If your card is lost or stolen, deactivate it immediately at the One Card website and report it as well. If you find someone else’s ID, please return it to the One Card Office or the Information Booth in the Student Union.

    The card should be in the cardholder’s possession at all times and presented upon request to any University official. Although the card is issued to individuals, the card remains the property of the University and is non-transferable.